April 2022 marks the 50th anniversary of the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement (GLWQA) between the United States and Canada. Explore the history of the agreement, and hear from a panel that includes U.S., Canadian, and Indigenous perspectives during this session. The panel will provide recommendations for protecting Great Lakes water quality in the future and discuss lessons learned from this agreement that may apply to other shared natural resources.
- Mike Goffin, director of water policy, Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Sumudu Atapattu, director of research centers, University of Wisconsin–Madison Law School
- Mic Isham, executive administrator, Great Lakes Indian Fish & Wildlife Commission
- Chris Korleski, director, Great Lakes National Program Office, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Lana Pollack, former U.S. co-chair, International Joint Commission
- Susan Hedman, visiting scholar, University of Wisconsin–Madison